Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I love that Nate is so curious, inquisitive, creative. He is always up to something. Sunday afternoon, he was etching some wood he was given to play with. I was very impressed with the perfect circles he had made in the wood. So, I asked him to show me how he did it.

Up close. Looks like he already has a handle on how compasses work. He must get that from his daddy. It was very cool to see that he had done this all by himself. It's amazing what children will learn if given the materials and opportunities to explore.

This afternoon, I had some paperwork to take care of at the university. Nate spotted this rock with writing on it and wanted to know why someone would write on a rock. So we stopped to check it out. These trees were planted in memory of Navy Submariners who had lost their lives in World War II.
Homeschooling has really given me more of an opportunity to see things through Nate's eyes. I have stopped more to check things out that I may not have even noticed before. This has been a great experience for both of us so far. We are both learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment