Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1 (again)

Today, I got Nate registered with the charter school. Well, almost. I have to drop off his birth certificate tomorrow. For some reason, I could not find it last night and had to get a new copy today. So, I'll drop it off tomorrow and he'll be officially registered.


Nate did take the test today to find his academic levels. They gave him the standard 2nd grade test and it was so easy for him. I sat with him while he took it and he only missed one question. I hope they give him materials that will challenge him. They gave him a 2 week packet for 2nd and 3rd graders to work on while they put his individual materials together. This packet is too easy for him. I'm going to have to tweak it for him from the start. We'll see how they like that and go from there.


Then we met the local homeschooling group for Lego Club. This is definitely going to be on our regular activity schedule. Too bad they only meet once per month. I didn't know how much to bring, so I gave him one of my craft boxes and let him choose the Legos he wanted to bring. Here's Nate with his chosen few.
Then came kids with boxes...and buckets...and a wagon. Here's Nate checking out someone else's stash. There were piles of Legos all over the room and all kinds of Legos. Nate had a blast and made some new friends.
Afterward, we had lunch and since it was a beautiful day, we hung out by the fountain and did some exploring (and some schoolwork). Here, Nate is showing me where the water starts from in the cascade.
I let him throw a few pennies in the fountain. He wouldn't tell me what he wished for, because if you tell, your wish won't come true. I love his innocence and faith.
Hey Nate, look at me. The sun was bright. We've missed seeing it.

1 comment:

  1. Omg the sky is blue, not a smoggy grey! And I love his innocence too. Who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete